For those who don’t know, my brothers and I are event DJs who often play for wedding receptions. On a semi-related note, something I learnt from my own brother’s wedding is that even for flower-lovers such as my sister-in-law and I, there are simply too many flowers to take home. And so, rather than let all the flowers go to waste, as part of our pack-up for the night I have started asking for some of the extra table flowers that would be thrown out otherwise (hehehe). The last wedding we DJ’d at had lots of lovely ball chrysanthemums- cue a Funny Hat Friday.
As usual, I used a green vine wreath as a base and then used florist wire to secure the flowers in place. The ball chrysanthemums posed a bit of a challenge; I wanted the flowers to be central and face directly outwards, rather than lying sideways from the stem running along the line of the wreath. As such, I cut the stems very short and tightly wrapped wire around them. The wire, running parallel to the wreath, allowed the stems to run perpendicular with the wreath, and as such the flowers faced outwards.
My aim for this photoshoot was to capture a whimsical, fairy-like vibe. Although they didn’t make the final cut, there were quite a few shots of me hiding in bushes (with the twigs-in-the-hair and ant bites to prove it!)