Today I’m giong to share a really simple dessert with you guys. Believe me, it’s simple, because I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to cooking.
Plus, it’s fairly healthy for a sweet, since it’s dark chocolate without added sugar and with nuts!
- Dark chocolate (the better the quality, the nicer the end result)
- Pistachios (shelled)
- Almonds (roasted or raw)
- Shaved/shredded coconut
- Ginger (just a little to add to the chocolate; feel free to use other spices)
- Grate the ginger into a heatproof bowl
- Add chocolate and melt (double boiler on stovetop OR just microwave on the lowest setting)
- In the meantime, use the flat side of a strong knife to gently crush the nuts into smaller pieces (halves or smaller is good). Place the nuts into the bowl with the coconut and mix it up (a ratio of 3:3:2 for nut:nut:coconut)
- When your chocolate is melted smooth, spoon it onto a lined tray and flatten them into round disks. Grab a little handful of the nut mixture and place it on top, gently pressing the nuts into the chocolate
- Refridgerate and om nom!
Simple, yes? It took me about ten minutes maybe? And the great thing with this recipe is that you can mix it up; swap nuts, swap milk/white chocolate for dark, swap chilli/lemon zest/dried cherries for ginger… endless possibilities, endless deliciousness ❤